Geometry has been the sole contractor responsible for the development and implementation of an innovative online system to assist dairy farmers with the planning of farm infrastructure in Victoria. The system provides an intuitive interface to allow farmers to select and place over 20 infrastructure items on a map of their property. The system will then interact with multiple planning and administrative datasets to determine if the infrastructure is allowed in the nominated position, and if so, the approvals that would be required, the associated fees and the likely timeframe for approval.
The NDD system has the following features:
- Intuitive interface, usable by inexperienced users
- Web-based application available via desktop and mobile web browsers
- Easy to use mapping features with Google Maps type interaction
- Consume multiple distributed data sources
- Online interrogation of planning and other administrative layers
- Comprehensive reporting of results